Sunday, August 19, 2012

The start of something new

In processing - check.  Room assignment - check.  Meet old lady - check.  Learn music, March with Band, Get goose bumps while playing Noble Men - check, check, check.  The next logical step in the life of the fish BQ's is to get a haircut.  And boy do some of them need one.  Starting tomorrow at 1230, your children will look like squared away Q's for the next 4 years.  I want to remind you that I will be taking pictures of the event, but will be unable to post them until later.  I would also like to inform you that the road is fixing to get harder for your cadet.  Thus far in FOW we have been focused on academics; starting tomorrow that focus will shift to the corps.  Your freshmen will meet their direct trainers, the "dreaded pissheads", tomorrow.  I would like to assure you that the horror stories you have heard will not be true in my outfit.  Yes the heads will have high standards, but so do I.  They will expect more out of your kid than your kid even does out of himself, but so do I.  They will be stern, but I will at times this year as well.  The point I am making is that the "mean pissheads" are leaders that have the freshmen's best interest at heart, just like I do.  Although I  trust the cadre with anything, I assure you my first sergeant and I will still be very present.  Please do not worry about how your child is being treated.  We will treat everyone fairly and with respect.  It's a growing process and sometimes you child will not like what they are going to hear, but they will not be disrespected.  I would like to remind you, if you ever have any concerns about anything please let me know.

In other news, we have received the time for the Florida game, it will be at 2:30.  We will have a BBQ that first game, but my leadership team and I are still deciding if we want to do it before or after the game.  The tentative menu is something really simple like hamburgers and hot dogs with chips and drinks.

I've included a quote that I think applies to all classes within the Corps, as well as life after.
"Be miserable.  Or motivate yourself.  Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." -Wayne Dyer

Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment