Friday, August 17, 2012

Couple of Issues

     First of all let me say that all of your children are doing well.  Today, we were actually marching on the drill field.  Although the freshmen didn't have their instruments it was still really cool as they "marched" as a member of the Aggie Band for the first time.  I'm not sure what all the fish thought, but I know that most of the Bugle Rank had chill bumps when we turned for the first time and saw everyone behind us... Wow.  Mario, my old lady (we also march on Bugle Rank beside each other), made the comment as we were marching "That was so cool!"  I know I keep saying it, but today might have been more fun for the leadership in the band than for the freshmen.  However, the fish will get to play the War Hymn and attempt to march at the same time for the first time tomorrow.  I still remember that day three years ago.  My greatest memory in the Aggie Band goes to marching on Kyle Field for the first time, but my most vivid memory was the first time I marched up and down Joe T. Haney drill field playing the War Hymn and Noble Men.  Make sure you ask your kid about it because it will probably be the highlight of FOW.
   
     Issues (not pertaining to fish)
     The first issue is that I have noticed that the time stamp on this blog is about two hours behind when I actually post.  Not sure why this happens, but in my last post I mentioned that the freshmen were all in bed and I was heading to practice.  It was not 8:53, but actually 10:53.  Just wanted to mention it in case anyone was wondering why their kid was getting to sleep so much in the Corps. haha

     Just a reminder that the Outfit dues are $35 and Band dues are $15.  If you haven't paid, it's not a big deal I just didn't want it to be a surprise later in the year when your kid starts asking for more money.

     I'm sorry that I am unable to post pictures of FOW, but I'm having to follow Corps policy.  Although I'm pretty sure that I will be able to post outfit related pictures on here after FOW, I'm still in the process of confirming that.  Because I can't post pictures of the fish, I thought I would include a picture of myself in meetings.



Hope that will suffice until I can get some pictures of people you really want to see on here.

It's going to be a great year and I can't wait to get started.

Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment