Saturday, August 11, 2012

One last time

     It seems like just yesterday that I was headed down to College Station to begin my career in the Corps of Cadets.  I had no idea that my journey would include Guidon bearer, Aggie Band load crew, First Sergeant, Ross Volunteer, Bugle Rank and A-Company Commander.  It has been a great ride so far and I cannot wait for this year to start and see what is in store.  The freshmen will arrive on Wednesday and by that afternoon we will already be in Relentless Pursuit of our goals.  This is an exciting time for me and the rest of A-Company as we await the freshmen's arrival. 

     Parents of incoming freshmen - your child is about to receive a mindset change.  This process will be hard and tiring, but it will be worth it.  I do not settle in my personal life and I do not expect your child to either.  I have high expectations for my outfit, but I will always be fair.  I give you my word, I will always be fair.

     I will be using this blog as a way to keep you informed of what is happening and going on in your kid's life as well as explaining the purpose of what we are trying to achieve.  This will also be a place that I share my heart in order for you to learn about me.  Sometimes I will be brief and talk only about the plan and upcoming events, but other times I will share my experiences.  I think that this blog has the potential to be a very powerful tool for me and a very valuable resource for you as parents.  I am looking forward to meeting everyone and getting this year started.

In Relentless Pursuit,
Garrett Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment