Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Running


60.5 - that is the total amount of miles we have run as an outfit so far this year.  We are over halfway to our goal of 100 miles.  Will it be hard to accomplish? Yes, but most things that are worth it are challenging.  One way that we plan on meeting our goal is to go on several nuke runs (8 miles) as soon as football season is over and we have the use of weekends again.  I'll be sure to keep you posted so you can talk to your cadet about these huge runs they will be participating in.

The biggest issue that Patrick and I have with our run total is keeping everyone updated on what our mileage total is.  So we came up with a solution - a sign in the hallway that would keep a running total (pun intended) of our miles.  Since neither Patrick or I have any time to devote to sign making we decided to task the sophomores with the project... because we both know they have plenty of time for one more project.  I am very pleased with the result of the PH's work.  Actually I'm ecstatic.  I'm not sure I have been more proud of the class of '15 this year than when they revealed the sign to the outfit leadership on Sunday night.  It is absolutely everything that I wanted and had in mind.  Please look at and admire the pic below.  Next time you see a PH, regardless of who your child is, please express your awe and amazement at their creation.  This sign will be around A-Co for the foreseeable future and I think they did an awesome job.
  

In case you were wondering, the honor of changing the numbers will go to the fish who showed the most heart on the run.  This might mean that they fell out but met back up later and finished with us, they were encouraging their buddies the whole time, or that they threw up the whole time but hung with us.  As you can tell, the reasons for and the fish picked will change every run.  The first fish selected to turn the numbers was fish Gonzales for her effort every time we run and the drastic improvements she has shown every time we "lace them up."

I haven't posted lately but I wanted to assure you that we were still In Relentless Pursuit of the goals before us.  We are doing well and progressing nicely.  It will be fun to see how the rest of the semester plays out.

GW

P.S.  This past weekend in Auburn I asked the love of my life, Leigh Smalley, to marry me.  I know that I normally don't post personal things on here, but I wanted you to know the reason your child received JP's for the rest of their Corps career.  

No comments:

Post a Comment